Our lives keep changing immensely as we grow old and there are a lot of things that we miss out due to lack of planning. I like to think of myself as a “it’s never too late” type of person. For example, it’s never too late to visit a foreign country, start a new career or learn a new skill. But, let’s be honest, there are a lot of things that you should accomplish before you turn 30. (Becoming a millionaire and getting married TOPS the list.)
1. Be Financially Independent.
Knowing how to manage my money, when I can spend and when I can’t.
2. Move To a New City
3. Start Investing.
Learn enough to invest some money or have someone else do it for me.
4. Form my political opinion.
We live in a politically turbulent time. It’s up to us to educate ourselves and advocate for what we believe in.
5. Shoot for a leadership role politically.
6. Set up an automatic savings and investment account.
7. Learn another language.
8. Start a trust fund for my Kids education
9. Take a cross-country road trip.
Indulge myself with experiencing many different nuances of the country. Ibadan to Calabar, Lagos to Porthacourt, Osogbo to Kano, Sokoto to Bayelsa.
10. Go see live music of Simi, Yemi Alade and Olamide.
There’s something so special about seeing ones favorite artists live. They aren’t going to be around forever just so you know.
11. Have something to look back On.
Creating a scrapbook or even a wall of my life that include pictures, and keepsakes!
12. Do One Good Deed For Someone Every Day
13. Take my cooking skills to the next level.
Learn some difficult new dishes that will impress anyone at any dinner party!
14. Travel to the unknown.
Go somewhere really exotic that you’ve always dreamed of visiting. Places like Bali, Thailand, Chile, Cuba, and Brazil are incredible!
15. Admire Myself
Have a self-portrait of myself to display in my home and show off a little bit!
16. Treat Myself
Invest in that Gucci watch, channel wallet, Versace footwear just things I use everyday.
17. Travel somewhere I don’t know the language.
Going somewhere you can’t easily communicate with other people is terrifying. But not only would it enlighten you and make you savvy to another culture, it would also force you to really learn the language — something we’re rarely forced to do.
18. Get Married
19. Be A Part Of History.
20. Take Advantage Of Every Weekend
Making sure to do something interesting every weekend, whether it’s taking a new class, or having dinner with the girls I’d just make sure I go out and do it!
21. Go for BBN
Because Ijust HAVE to do it whilst I can.
22. Throw Myself The Most Outrageous Birthday Party
23. Take An Impulsive Weekend Away With my fiancee
24. Date someone who isn’t my “type.”
Maybe the relationship won’t work out in the end or maybe I’ll meet your future spouse. At any rate, I’ll either have a great time or a terrible time.
25. Know How To Stand Up For Myself
Saying no when I need to say no and speak up when I need to speak up!
26. Take a class to learn a new skill. Doesn’t matter if it’s potter
27. Try to know more about my Family history
28. Set Myself A Reading Goal
29. Stop drinking like my life depends on it
30. Make a list of things I’d be before 40